Re: Low Cost Security Alarm ?

On 25/07/2010 9:14 AM, Jim wrote:
> On Jul 25, 7:57 am, "James"<jnipper...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> I know that this is a very general question, but what is a very good, basic,
>> simple to install home security alarm ?   I don't need monthly monitoring,
>> etc, just a system that will sound an outside alarm when door and window
>> switches are set off.
>>
>> I have had a simple, wired system from Radio Shack for many years, but the
>> control unit has become defective.  So, I could stay with a wired system, or
>> would consider wireless.
>>
>> Is there anything decent in the  $150  range ??
>>
>> Thanks !!
>>
>> James
>
> $150.00????
>
> Whew!
>
> How much is you home and contents worth?
> At that price I can only suggest that you buy a baseball bat and a dog.

A dog will cost him more than $150.00 (over time).  Cats are much
cheaper.  What do you propose he do with the bat?  In the average
hallway in the average house, you don't have a whole lotta room to
swing.  Besides...  that leaves the perp open to use the line:  "Typical
honky white trash bringin' a bat to a gun fight", followed by a loud
"bang" (or "boom" depending on the caliber of the gun he's got).