Re: Health care (again) -- WAS: DSC 832 on Cable VoIP

On Jan 20, 10:25=A0pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:22:37 -0800 (PST), mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> >What you don't understand is healthcare is not a right,
>
> That's the crux of the argument right there. =A0Healthcare for all
> citizens of the richest country in the world absolutely should be an
> entitlement. =A0
>
> What you're essentially saying is, "If you don't have a decent job
> that offers a health care supplement. You deserve to die, be in pain,
> be crippled, or whatever."

No I said it wasn't a right, there is a difference

> All so "capitalism" can rule, and line the pockets of overpaid
> executives and a slew of administrative bureaucracy. =A0It's broken
> Mark. =A0Something needs to be done.

Giving that absurd statement feel free to continue to think it's
broken

> Some things should not be "for profit". =A0Health care is one of those
> things. =A0Drug companies pay billions for marketing, why? =A0The
> emergency room charges $50 for 2 tylenol pills, why? =A0

So hospitals, drug companies, emergency services, equipment
manufacturers shouldn't make any profit? Man I hope you don't go into
business for yourself.

Drug companies also pay billions in research and they make a profit,
take that away and you have Venezuela which is failing fast. The
emergency room charges $50 to make up for the shortfall of Medicare
funding from the federal government, the "free" emergency care they
are required to give to the poor, all the lawsuits from someone
stubbing their toe while waiting for a doctor and the fact they can
charge $50 for 2 Tylenol pills.

How about someone telling you how much you can make? I doubt you'd
like it much

> It's all fucked up, because of greed.

No it's the best in the world because of greed