Health care (again) -- WAS: DSC 832 on Cable VoIP

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 05:58:24 -0800 (PST), mleuck <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>After last night like you'll have to also include Massachusetts, told
>you health care is dead

Health care is already dead.  It's the health care "reform" that's up
in the air now.

I dislocated my shoulder in October, it took the insurance company
over a month to approve surgery.  Then it took another 2 months to cut
through all the red-tape to finally get on the operating table.  Then
post-op, it took another month to get physical therapy approved (it
was denied TWICE by the insurance company) and went to peer-review.

Now I need pain-management because my surgeon only supplies pain med's
6 weeks post-op.  It took 2 weeks to get a referral, and once
approved, the next available appt. is on Jan 28th.  I have about 2
days worth of med's left.  So I'm looking at pain and possible opiate
withdrawal for all of next week.

Yeah, the current system works just fine. <sarcasm>

I love the fact that giant corporations control my health care
destiny, instead of the doctors.

While I was at the orthopedic hospital I noticed an older couple in
the elevator speaking with a British accent.  I couldn't help but to
ask if they were from there.  It turns out they were, and I asked them
what they thought of our "system".  Boy, did I get an ear full.  We
talked for 15 minutes about how the wife got jerked around just like
me.  And she told me how much better the British system is.  In fact,
she was actually considering flying back there to have her needs taken
care of, as it would actually be faster and cheaper to eat the cost of
the airfare and hassle we receive.

I take it Mark, you have not actually had to use your heath insurance
for anything other than routine stuff.  Otherwise, I'm sure your
opinion would be much different.

I would already be back at work if it wasn't for the insurance
company's constant delays and automatic denials.