Re: Ping: Petem

On Jan 1, 3:12=A0pm, "alarman" <nos...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> tourman wrote:
> > RHC: Right ! Since when is Quebec not part of Canada. Only in the
> > minds of separatists, who almost broke this country up a decade or so
> > ago. However, democracy prevailed and the majority of sensible
> > thinking people in Quebec voted to stay in Canada.
> > Today, a separatist is as antique and outdated as the politics of
> > yesteryear.
>
> > You may be Quebecois, but you sure as hell are part of Canada, like it
> > or not....
>
> "We also see tolerance and forgiveness towards others as a positive
> thing regardless of past history."
> RHC
>
> --
> js
>
> Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

RHC: Nice touch....as usual throwing useless barbs instead of
contributing ! You don't know our history...hell, you likely know
little of your own, and yet you criticize me....!!

They almost broke up this country because of their separatist bullshit
and many in Quebec still keep at it. Many of my countrymen outside
Quebec wouldn't mind frankly if they did break away. Many are
supremely tired of the government giving Quebec special privileges.
We could all just sit there and watch their economy go to hell, and
other than the damage it would cause to the rest of the country, there
would be little weeping. Personally, I don't feel that way; never
have, but I lose patience at these separatist dinosaurs who continue
to believe they are not part of our country. The culture of the
"quebecois" as they see themselves is a fine one, and one that should
be embraced as part of our country's rich diversity, but WITHIN
Canada, not as a separate country.

So tolerance yes, but with some practical limits......