Re: OT: Cell phones

On Jan 16, 3:30=A0pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 10:57:25 -0700, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

> >Darn. =A0I may need to get a new phone. =A0I hated the idea of getting a
> >separate cellular adaptor for my laptop, but Internet access makes final=
ling
> >a lot of jobs a lot easier. =A0Its nice to be able to get tech documents=
 in
> >real time, read the actual and complete signals received from the CS, or=
 get
> >e-mail support on site.
>
> What laptop do you have? =A0If it's fairly new you can get an
> intergrated WWAN module for it. =A0Like this one for example: (HP hs2300
> HSDPA Broadband Wireless Module)
>
> http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06c/A10-51210-1130359-32927...

A friend of mine is sending me his iphone 3gs, he got it slightly wet
and the camera stopped working for a while. He bought a new one in the
meantime. I'm going to have to unlock it though, since I use a
different GSM carrier then AT&T. I'm leaning towards on of the online
unlocking services, seems much simpler and risk free compared to the
manual process and or turbo sim.