Re: Problem with Scantronic avenger VI

On Aug 27, 10:18=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Aug 27, 6:35=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Only a thousand??? =A0 I had a couple I was called in to give them a
> > > quote on an alarm system at $1500.00 and they put me off but schedule=
> > > me in to do a $5000.00 home theater installation that the owner had
> > > all the equipment and was going to attempt but got cold feet when he
> > > saw how much there was to it.
>
> > > Of course, I turned them down ..... (yeh sure ....;-> i figure now
> > > that they saw what I could do with the HT they'll call me back for th=
> > > alarm.
>
> > > That's the " I Want My MTV" =A0generation for ya.
>
> > RHC: Yeah, it also might be that an alarm system is not a "fun thing"
> > to buy; it's seem by many as simply an unfortunate but necessary
> > purchase that they would rather do without. So it makes it easy to go
> > cheap, or not go at all.
>
> > Had another interesting thing happen today. I had confirmed an
> > installation for today a couple of days ago as I always do, and when
> > we arrived, there was no one to be seen. Since the guy was a doctor,
> > he couldn't be reached, so pissed off as hell, I left my card in the
> > door and went home. A wasted day !! He calls my son later and gives no
> > reasons for not being there, and no apologies, so my son said I would
> > call back and reschedule.
>
> > Yah right, when hell freezes over!! =A0As a doctor, he can leave me
> > waiting for hours and I put up with it because I know his time is
> > valuable, =A0but he doesn't have the decency to treat my time as
> > valuable as well. I'm thinking =A0should send him a bill for a day's
> > labour and see how he likes that.....
>
> > Prick !!-
>
> Now Robert!!!!!!!
> I know that you and I don't have the same kind of philosophy in all
> things but I can't imagine that you'd miss an opportunity like this,
> especially with a "doctor"
>
> Simply call him back ...... make an appointment to start the job early
> in the morning......... and when the time comes for you to be there,
> give him a call, tell him you ran into a little delay and that you'll
> be there within two hours. When that time comes, call him and tell him
> that you're en-route and will be there within a half hour ...... then
> call him and tell him that you hope he enjoyed wasting his time the
> way he wasted yours but you've decided that you prefer to deal with
> people who have more consideration for others. And that if he would
> treat you that way BEFORE you were doing business together, that you
> couldn't imagine what he would do to you once you were more involved.
> Have a nice day................

RHC: Yeah, wouldn't that be great feeling of "gotcha". However, life
is too short to engage in these sorts of activities, no matter how
justified they might be. Things in life that go around, usually come
around. Who knows, why leave someone who might affect future business
with a bad taste in their mouth. People like this would probably have
no problem "bad mouthing" my company in a crowd somewhere no matter
how unjustified it is....

People like that are just not worth bothering with when all is said
and done. Dealing with idiots is just the price you have to pay
sometimes when in business....