Re: Problem with Scantronic avenger VI

On 26/08/2010 7:11 PM, James B wrote:
> On Aug 26, 8:03 pm, Euh<Euh...@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>> Im thinking along same line you are jim could be battery av6000 is
>>> pretty old panel.
>>
>> there is a LED labeled "batt" on the Keypad panel....so the system
>> should tell me if the battery is damaged/low, no ?
>
> You need to press and hold the status button,  the top light "yellow"
> will flash along with one of the top 3 zone lights.  if the one
> labeled bat flashes you know the battery is low.  But you have already
> confirmed it is bad.  A hot battery is a definate sign of a bad
> battery.
>
> James

That's not necessarily true in all cases.  You can't always equate a
"hot" battery with "dead battery".  Considering the alarm panel is
prehistoric however, I'm thinking the OP should follow the advice of our
resident Technosaur and turf the battery.  I believe his problems will
become a thing of the past (just like his panel).  :-)