Re: Problem with Scantronic avenger VI

On Aug 27, 8:21=A0am, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Aug 27, 7:47=A0am, Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Jim wrote:

> > > That's funny. ( Technosaur) Did you just make that up?
>
> > As I remember, those panels were very troublesome, keypads wore out
> > fast, and didn't handle static electricity very well. We replaced all o=
> > them within 5 years of their introduction back in the 1980's
>
> > Jim Rojas
> > Technical Manuals Online!http://www.tech-man.com
> > 8002 Cornwall Lane
> > Tampa, FL 33615-4604
> > 813-884-6335
>
> RHC: I've been following this thread with some interest. You have to
> wonder why some people insist upon putting an old clunker like this
> back in service especially if it's going on line with the authorities.
> No one would try to keep a 386 computer in service today, especially
> in a business application, but they'll try to keep an old alarm
> clunker going forever. With panels and keypads available wholesale at
> less than $100, you really have to wonder!!!!
>
> The other thing I still haven't figured out after 20 years in the
> business, is a customer will go out and spend $1000 on a big screen
> TV, but not a penny on a decent alarm.....go figure-

Only a thousand???   I had a couple I was called in to give them a
quote on an alarm system at $1500.00 and they put me off but scheduled
me in to do a $5000.00 home theater installation that the owner had
all the equipment and was going to attempt but got cold feet when he
saw how much there was to it.

Of course, I turned them down ..... (yeh sure ....;-> i figure now
that they saw what I could do with the HT they'll call me back for the
alarm.

That's the " I Want My MTV"  generation for ya.