Re: Got a Job Interview - Anyone heard of 'em?

On Aug 15, 2:23=A0pm, JoeRaisin <joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Finally!
>
> I am going tomorrow for a job interview with a company called Multiband U=
SA:

> https://www.multibandusa.com/home/
>
> I googled 'em and the only negative thing I found was a guy complaining
> that he was laid off without two weeks notice - I don't find that unusual=
>
> They want me to use my own vehicle so I assume they will be paying
> mileage. =A0They also said that one of the requirements is that I purchas=
> all the equipment I will need before the end of the six week paid
> training period, but the woman verifying my info and setting the
> appointment didn't know what equipment and how much it will cost.
>
> This is just in time (if it's a decent job) as my summer job ends next
> Saturday.
>
> Anyone know of anyone who has worked for them? =A0I know I can't be choos=
> right now - a job is a job, but I would like to go in with my eyes open.
>
> The wiring business I tried to start has gone nowhere - only a few gigs
> and for one of them I ended up having to replace a piece of test
> equipment that cost almost as much as I was paid - I really suck at this.=
..

Suck at ....... What?

So ..... you tried something and it didn't quite work ..... this
time .... this place.

What is it that you gained?
I hope you're going to say ...... "what not to do, ..... the next time
I try"

The fact that you tried to do something on your own puts you in a
small group of people compared to thoes who NEVER try. Just don't put
yourself in that category of people who only try once. If you really
want to be on your own, sit down now, while it's still fresh in your
mind and make a list of some/all of the things you can think of that
you should have done and/or what you shouldn't have done. At your next
job, try to pay attention to those aspects of the company that you're
going to work for. For someone who whats to work for themselves, each
employer has got to be considered a place to get more knowledge,
experience and education, so that you can eventurally use all of your
experieces to achieve your goal. Give them every ounce of your ability
and attention as this will bring attention to you and thus give you a
greater opportunity to learn more. Be prepared to work longer and
harder than everyone else for them, because it is that very trait that
you'll need to aquire, in order to run and own your own business.
Don't expect them to give you exactly what you think  you deserve in
money, by putting in all the extra effort. You'll get some recognition
but the biggest and best thing you will get (if you play it with your
goal in mind) is the education. That's what will be the most valuable
thing you will gain. You've got to defer some of the income now to
attain that. Think of it as if you had a job and were going to school
and had to pay the tuition from your salary. Dedicate your time
attention and extra hours to the company you work for. Get noticed to
get educated. Get interested in every aspect of what they do and how
they do it. Billing, purchasing, accounts receivable, accounts
payable. inventory, insurance, sales. You already know the tech part.

Owning your own business doesn't mean that you do less than when your
work for someone else, it means that you are different from the mass
majority of people who aren;t willing to go that extra mile, to work
that extra hour, to give up a weekend or two or three ...... to get
what you want.

My next best advice is to take some small business courses. The one
common denomiator that I see among people who fail at starting their
own business is that they think they can start a business because they
know the mechanics of the trade but, ..... they don't have a f ....g
clue about running a business. Realize that an educated business
person can be successful running almost any business. Comparitivly few
trades people can. Some tradesmen hit it just right and get past the
"running a business" part and become a success. Most don't.