Re: OT: Foulball

On Sep 16, 11:54 pm, ken ney <yodeler...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sep 11, 3:55 am, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 18:34:18 -0400, "Kid" <k...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > >http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_adminis...
>
> > >as  of noon thursday.  read it and weep.
>
> > Depends on who you ask.
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_approval_rating
>
> > The last idiot to hold the office ended his term with 25% approval.
>
> > I don't take the polls seriously though, the sample size is to small.
>
> Does anyone know where I can find a forum that discusses security and
> alarms?  This one seems to deal mostly with personal vendettas and
> politics, even the threads with legitimate security discussions seem
> to be inevitably steered off course. <

Well Ken Ney since the vast majority of the topics that arise here
have been discussed hundreds of times in the past it's not uncommon
for those of us who frequent the group, and have corresponded with
each other for years, to venture outside the realm of security-related
topics, and into anything and everything that crosses our minds.
IMO this newsgroup is nothing more than a social forum for those in,
or interested in the industry.
I authored a post in this forum regarding my new security ventures
because I know I will get honest feedback from guys that I know. Their
feedback will help my business. Within the thread there will
undoubtedly be bickering, name calling, insults, wisecracks and
comedy, but at the end of the day I will still walk away with the
opinions I sought and respect.
To me it can't get much better than that.
I'm sorry if you can't view the group in that same manner.