Re: Manual for Edwards System3 ??

"Frank Olson" wrote:

> I wouldn't be going around slapping myself on the back for "designing" a
> help file system that pretty much used off-the-shelf software you purchased.

There's a huge difference between buying software and developing a proper
system.  The end product doesn't roll out of the software on its own.

> That's a little like saying you designed the software your website uses
> because you've made a few changes here and there to suit your particular
> store-front.

Since I designed my original websites I guess I know what's involved.

> Tom should try DRUPAL for his websites, by the way.

I'm using X-Cart for my new sites (three of them).  The look and feel will be
very similar to the current design, a product of mine own and Searchfit's
design.

> I'm currently using it to build a new site.  It's loaded with features, and
> uses php friendly coding for the "bots".

My new sites will also employ PHP.  The rollout is *supposed* to be in about
6-8 weeks but may be delayed a bit.  The sites are too big now to simply code
everything by hand.  The biggest part of the job isn't the templates.  It's
importing the database -- about 50 Gigs at this point.

> You should check out what they did with http://www.whitehouse.gov.  That
> entire site was built with DRUPAL.

I don't really like the layout though there are some great shots of Obama.
:^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass