Re: Manual for Edwards System3 ??

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "mleuck" wrote:
>>
>> I never said you weren't working on it I found it funny you did the
>> helpfile, apparently your "team" did the real work
>
> My team consists of myself, my brother and my sister.  I write code for
> simpler projects.  My brother wrote the main app and, with help from my
> sister, designed the schema and the XML.  On this job I did the help
> system. It was the first I ever wrote and Edwards said it would be the
> standard by which all future help systems would be judged.

I wouldn't be going around slapping myself on the back for "designing" a
help file system that pretty much used off-the-shelf software you
purchased.  That's a little like saying you designed the software your
website uses because you've made a few changes here and there to suit
your particular store-front.

Tom should try DRUPAL for his websites, by the way.  I'm currently using
it to build a new site.  It's loaded with features, and uses php
friendly coding for the "bots".  You should check out what they did with
http://www.whitehouse.gov.  That entire site was built with DRUPAL.