Re: Pro 1....oh brother !

On Oct 24, 11:57=EF=BF=BDpm, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "Jim" wrote:
>
> > The soulution? You take each wire, one by one, VERY very carefully ....=
> > read the lable ( if =EF=BF=BDyou can) write the description on a NEW pi=
ece of
> > masking tape and there ya go. Good for another few years or so.
>
> All kidding aside, I never liked using labels. =EF=BF=BDWe always wrote o=
n the wire
> jacket using a fine tip Sharpie laundry marker. =EF=BF=BDThe mark will st=
ay on there
> until Jesus come back (at which point Leuck can take over my business and=
 Doug
> can have the house)... =EF=BF=BD:^)
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

I do the same except when the wire is a dark color I wrap white
electrical tape around the wire and write on that.
Some people just can't write on the wire legibly though. I've pretty
much standarized on abbreviations and jacket colors when I can, so I
can usually tell what the wire is even if it gets a little distroyed.