Re: Telco / Cable company alarm jack connection problems

On Oct 5, 11:44=EF=BF=BDam, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "Jim" wrote:
>
> > I always put in the newsletter to call me with any questions about
> > Cablevision or Verizon FIOS. Lot's of people have switched and some hav=
> > switched back. Whatever. Land line has fewer problems than cable, in my
> > experience.
>
> Do you use other panel brands besides Napco? =EF=BF=BDIME, Napco panels w=
ork fine over
> VoIP as long as they're using PID format. =EF=BF=BDAlthough most of my cl=
ients don't
> want monitoring, some do and to date that has worked well. =EF=BF=BDAlso,=
 have you had
> problems with Napco communicating over FIOS? =EF=BF=BDI use FIOS in my ho=
me and
> office -- no longer the same location. =EF=BF=BDI still program a few pan=
els by modem
> from time to time and that works OK.
>
> > As far as charging for the service call, I charge too...
>
> Feelthy capitalist!!! =EF=BF=BD:^)
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

Only use Napco. Sometimes a takeover but if it's an average system I'd
rather invest my time and the expense to change over to a Napco
system. Simply for the sake of conformity of having one manufacturer,
in the event I ever sell and for ease of trouble shooting . If I get a
larger system with lots of keypads and over 32 zones the expense is
usually not worth it unless additions are being made to the system or
I can convince the client to pay some part of the "upgrade"

No problem with Verizon or Fios. There's really no difference in the
telephone service between them. And since I only service the
"Cablevision" area, they've done pretty good ..... so far ..... with
providing the band width necessary for up and down loading. Only
occasionally do I have a problem. I don't know what the future will
bring as they try to keep  up with Fios by trying to squeeze more
channels in.