Re: Pro 1....oh brother !

"nick markowitz" <nmarkowitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:56c3ded8-8944-4cde-a47f-4a687493675b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Oct 22, 1:19 am, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Oct 21, 11:00 pm, CH®IS <s...@xxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> > "alarman" wrote...

>> > We have two Vista 20 kits at the office. They've both been there for
>> > about
>> > 4 years now, maybe 5. Never out of the box.
>>
>> > Hopefully one day I'll finally get to throw them out... or use them as
>> > power
>> > supplies.
>>
>> > Despite DSC's debugging program (installers going crazy), I'll stick
>> > with
>> > them.
>>
>> > - Chris
>>
>> I seriously doubt the problem with this one is the hardware
>
> At least most of the new panels Honeywell sells  has the siren and
> telephone warning but you still like most other panels have ability to
> not turn it on. they still sell the 4140 because so many dealers can
> install nothing else same with the FBII XL2T because they refuse to
> get involved with downloading and computers.or learn any thing new.

I like the FBII XL2(X) panels.  They worked reliably for years and year.  I
have most of mine set on daily test now, but they still work.  I rarely have
to do any service on them except replace a battery, and its been many many
years since I quit installing them.  The only reason I dropped them was
because they merged or were bought out, and IMO stopped any kind of product
development.  The HC41 was the last new thing they did in that line and it
sucked.  Basically just an Ademco bastard hybrid that failed to work.