Re: UL864

"Robert L Bass" <Sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:KLOdndnU4eIIv1fXnZ2dnUVZ_gydnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "ABLE1" <royboynospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Anyone have any knowledge on what panels are compliant with UL864 and are
>> Fire/Burg capable??
>
> Napco offers a way to make any of their panels UL864 compliant.  From
> their web page describing Netlink:
>
> "Napco NetLink Module, NL-MOD, will allow Napco Gemini Panels, from the
> P816 thru the X255, to fully, securely communicate alarms, status,
> supervisories, etc., pinpointed by zone over the internet to the central
> station?s PC running NL-CSRCV Central Station application software or
> NetLink TCP/IP UL Receiver(s) NL-RCV-RMPCUL....
>
> Similarly, the universal NET-COMM Module supports any brand system?s alarm
> reports over the net."
>
> I haven't worked with NETLINK yet so I can't offer more details.  Napco's
> an excellnt company though.  You should definitely give them a look.
>
> --

Ok, so I went and DL'd the install manual for the NL-MOD.  It says it can do
this and that but when I look at the wiring diagram on page #11 it says that
Terminal #3 "DATA(not currently used)".  And then on page #10 it shows a
hook up to both a Fire Panel and a Generic Panel and Terminal #3 is not
connected but it appears that a INput terminal is used to get a Fire or a
Supervisory signal but does not appear to have the ability to send zone or
detail data for alarms.

If what I am seeing or reading is correct then this NL-MOD has some serious
short falls that I can't say I would be interested in working with.  I have
used the Uplink AnyNet as a backup and it has the same sort of generic
inputs to give basic alarm signals.  How does the NL-MOD make a panel UL864
compliant???

Or am I just missing something???

TIA

Les