Re: UL864

"ABLE1" <royboynospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Cmsym.11793$zC6.9673@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Robert L Bass" <Sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "ABLE1" <royboynospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> Anyone have any knowledge on what panels are compliant with UL864 and
>>> are Fire/Burg capable??
>>
>> Napco offers a way to make any of their panels UL864 compliant.  From
>> their web page describing Netlink:
>>
>> "Napco NetLink Module, NL-MOD, will allow Napco Gemini Panels, from the
>> P816 thru the X255, to fully, securely communicate alarms, status,
>> supervisories, etc., pinpointed by zone over the internet to the central
>> station's PC running NL-CSRCV Central Station application software or
>> NetLink TCP/IP UL Receiver(s) NL-RCV-RMPCUL....
>>
>> Similarly, the universal NET-COMM Module supports any brand system's
>> alarm reports over the net."
>>
>> I haven't worked with NETLINK yet so I can't offer more details.  Napco's
>> an excellnt company though.  You should definitely give them a look.
>>
>> --
>>

> Ok, so I went and DL'd the install manual for the NL-MOD.  It says it can
> do this and that but when I look at the wiring diagram on page #11 it says
> that Terminal #3 "DATA(not currently used)".  And then on page #10 it
> shows a hook up to both a Fire Panel and a Generic Panel and Terminal #3
> is not connected but it appears that a INput terminal is used to get a
> Fire or a Supervisory signal but does not appear to have the ability to
> send zone or detail data for alarms.
>
> If what I am seeing or reading is correct then this NL-MOD has some
> serious short falls that I can't say I would be interested in working
> with.  I have used the Uplink AnyNet as a backup and it has the same sort
> of generic inputs to give basic alarm signals.  How does the NL-MOD make a
> panel UL864 compliant???
>
> Or am I just missing something???

Guess I am going to have to go buy a copy (shudder) of UL864 and see what it
says.  Anyway, the NL-MOD can send full data and provide for full user
access or full dealer access to some of the higher end Napco panels.  I
don't recall reading much about using it with other panels, although if I
recall it is cross compatible with some of the Ademco panels for reporting
purposes.

Its great on some of my access control sites because I can plug in my laptop
anywhere in the buildings and talk directly to the panel(s).