Re: Ultratech battery life?

"Frank Olson" <use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:V95Mm.17746$Zu5.1641@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Robert L Bass wrote:
>> "Jim" wrote:
>>>
>>> I have no way of knowing if their quality is the same as
>>> it was before but I'm hoping it is. I'm switching back. As
>>> I said, I've already shipped some to my clients.
>>
>> Thanks for passing on their explanation.  It sounds reasonable.  I'm more
>> inclined to believe Yuasa made batteries for other companies' labels than the
>> other way around.  We'll start including Yuasa on our "complete system" pages
>> again.
>>
>> BTW, I know you don't particularly favor DIY alarms but I'd like your opinion
>> on something.  I'm developing web-based guides to select appropriate fire or
>> burglar alarms and CCTV systems.  I'd appreciate constructive criticism.
>> Here are links.  These are works in progress:
>>
>> Burglary:
>> http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/category_2881.htm
>> Fire:
>> http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/category_2883.htm
>> CCTV:
>> http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/category_2885.htm
>>
>> I'm editing the DVR script so it will include a selector for image quality
>> plus client responses to the questions regarding number of cameras, etc.
>> Once that's done, instead of just returning the hard drive size, the script
>> will query my database and return a table with 4 or 5 DVRs.  The DVR pages
>> will include a selection of cameras matching the client entered responses
>> (indoor or outdoor; dome, box or bullet; etc), monitors, etc.
>>
>> The "complete system" pages are currently static pages with a general
>> selection of cameras, etc.  We're working on templates to generate pages
>> dynamically so the selection matches client specs.
>>
>> This is turning into a fun project for me.  While I was still running the
>> business I never had time to work on these things.  Anyway, if you have any
>> thoughts about content or layout I'd like to hear them.
>>
>> TIA,
>> Robert
>

> Nice idea.  You could probably even expand it a bit to include a "budget"
> selector...

I like that.  I was originally thinking of having the system display a range of
units with prices from economy to "ultra."  You may be right -- let the client
can select a budget and display systems at or below the budget.  I'll run that
by my staff.

> It doesn't have to be all that complicated.  Give them a "low", "mid-range"
> and "deluxe" choice on the individual items (and include a brief description
> of the features, although this last bit might also include links to an
> explanation of the terminology used...

That part is easy -- just a bit of typing.  I've been slowly building FAQ
descriptions of these elements anyway.

> You could also include a script to display additional
> choices like: "customers who purchased this item,
> also bought...

I already tried that.  Unfortunately, SF doesn't handle "upsell" the way I want
it.  The new cart system does it similar to Amazon.  Upsell operates
independently of the Selection Guides, displaying a few related items once the
client hits "View Cart" or "Buy Now".

Thanks for the feedback.

--

Regards,