Re: Ultratech battery life?

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "Jim" wrote:
>>
>> I have no way of knowing if their quality is the same as
>> it was before but I'm hoping it is. I'm switching back. As
>> I said, I've already shipped some to my clients.
>
> Thanks for passing on their explanation.  It sounds reasonable.  I'm
> more inclined to believe Yuasa made batteries for other companies'
> labels than the other way around.  We'll start including Yuasa on our
> "complete system" pages again.
>
> BTW, I know you don't particularly favor DIY alarms but I'd like your
> opinion on something.  I'm developing web-based guides to select
> appropriate fire or burglar alarms and CCTV systems.  I'd appreciate
> constructive criticism.  Here are links.  These are works in progress:
>
> Burglary:
> http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/category_2881.htm
> Fire:
> http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/category_2883.htm
> CCTV:
> http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/category_2885.htm
>
> I'm editing the DVR script so it will include a selector for image
> quality plus client responses to the questions regarding number of
> cameras, etc.  Once that's done, instead of just returning the hard
> drive size, the script will query my database and return a table with 4
> or 5 DVRs.  The DVR pages will include a selection of cameras matching
> the client entered responses (indoor or outdoor; dome, box or bullet;
> etc), monitors, etc.
>
> The "complete system" pages are currently static pages with a general
> selection of cameras, etc.  We're working on templates to generate pages
> dynamically so the selection matches client specs.
>
> This is turning into a fun project for me.  While I was still running
> the business I never had time to work on these things.  Anyway, if you
> have any thoughts about content or layout I'd like to hear them.
>
> TIA,
> Robert

Nice idea.  You could probably even expand it a bit to include a
"budget" selector.  It doesn't have to be all that complicated.  Give
them a "low", "mid-range" and "deluxe" choice on the individual items
(and include a brief description of the features, although this last bit
might also include links to an explanation of the terminology used -
some DIYer's may not be all that familiar with them).  It would probalby
improve the time it takes for them to proceed from actually making the
choice to getting into the shopping cart (and educate some which would
reduce the time they tie up your tech support line).  You could also
include a script to display additional choices like: "customers who
purchased this item, also bought..."