Re: Ultratech battery life?

On Nov 15, 7:33=EF=BF=BDam, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> BTW, I know you don't particularly favor DIY alarms but I'd like your opi=
nion on
> something. =EF=BF=BDI'm developing web-based guides to select appropriate=
 fire or
> burglar alarms and CCTV systems. =EF=BF=BDI'd appreciate constructive cri=
ticism. =EF=BF=BDHere
> are links. =EF=BF=BDThese are works in progress:
>
> Burglary:http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/category_2881.htm
> Fire:http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/category_2883.htm
> CCTV:http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/category_2885.htm
>
> I'm editing the DVR script so it will include a selector for image qualit=
y plus
> client responses to the questions regarding number of cameras, etc. =EF=
=BF=BDOnce that's
> done, instead of just returning the hard drive size, the script will quer=
y my
> database and return a table with 4 or 5 DVRs. =EF=BF=BDThe DVR pages will=
 include a
> selection of cameras matching the client entered responses (indoor or out=
door;
> dome, box or bullet; etc), monitors, etc.
>
> The "complete system" pages are currently static pages with a general sel=
ection
> of cameras, etc. =EF=BF=BDWe're working on templates to generate pages dy=
namically so
> the selection matches client specs.
>
> This is turning into a fun project for me. =EF=BF=BDWhile I was still run=
ning the
> business I never had time to work on these things. =EF=BF=BDAnyway, if yo=
u have any
> thoughts about content or layout I'd like to hear them.
>
> TIA,
> Robert

I don't feel one way or the other about DIY'ers. They're not my
customers ... now. Maybe someday if they run into problems.

I took a brief look, too much to take the time to read it all but just
some quick observations:

I don't know anything about creating websites or whats good or what's
not. It's like football. I can't play it. Know very little about it
but I know a good game when I see it. Yet I can't tell you why a bad
game is bad. However that might be tempered with my opinion of a
Baseball game. I think they're all bad. Besides, if it can't be done
on a boat, who cares?

With regard to wireless, I don't see anything about the receiver. If
not there ... somewhere you have to know the size of the house and/or
the type of structure. But I don't know how you do things, maybe this
comes up when you actually talk to them.

With Cameras, regarding lenses. Honeywell has a great lens calculator
that you might be able to direct them to. You can download it to your
computer. It actually shows the size that a human will appear at
various lens settings It allows you to make sliding adjustments for
camera height, distance, CCD size and lens adjustment.  I'm sorry but
I don't remember what part of their site that I got it from.