Re: Ultratech battery life?

"Jim" wrote:

> With regard to wireless, I don't see anything about the receiver...

Good point.  The guide is intended to give an overall view of the types of
systems -- not many specifics.  I'm planning to add a series of pages that will
discuss wired and wireless components in greater detail.

> If not there ... somewhere you have to know the size of the house and/or the
> type of structure. But I don't know how you do things, maybe this comes up
> when you actually talk to them.

Yes.  Though there are a number of folks who just go online and order, most
alarm system sales still involve at least one phone conversation.  I'm trying to
provide enough information online so we can answer less of the general questions
and concentrate on the specifics.  As this develops there will be more
discussion of things like RF range, etc.

> With Cameras, regarding lenses. Honeywell has a great lens calculator that you
> might be able to direct them to.

I've found a few lens calculators at various manufacturers' websites.  I can
post links to them but online files have a habit of being moved, renamed or
deleted so I'd rather make my own using scripting.  The hard-drive calculator
*was* working this morning.  Then we started editing it and [sigh].  I'll get it
fixed shortly.  The guide page, when finished, will hopefully be able to take a
person all the way through the ordering process.  After answering a series of
questions about the number and types of scenes to be recorded, type of premises,
etc., the site will generate a dynamic listing of systems matching the scope and
features requested.  That's going to be more of a technical challenge than the
alarm guides.

> You can download it to your computer. It actually shows the size that a human
> will appear at
various lens settings...

I checked it out.  It's good because a novice can understand a graphic of a
human target better than statistics.  I'll place a link to it on my site until I
have time to develop my own.

> It allows you to make sliding adjustments for camera height, distance, CCD
> size and lens adjustment.  I'm sorry but I don't remember what part of their
> site that I got it from.

I found it.  There's a link on the lens page.
https://www.honeywellvideo.com/products/cameras/le/index.html

Thanks.

--

Regards,