Re: How Does the New Health Care Reform Bill Affect Your Business ???

"RockyTSquirrel" wrote:

> aman brother

Aman???  As in J.R.R. Tolkien?

> "mleuck" blathered:
>
> The bill will not pass the Senate (which is a different bill than just passed
> the House)

That's what they said about the House version and yet...

> Consider all the other failing programs created by the federal government
>
> Welfare

It's only "failing" if you expected welfare to change lives.  Welfare is nothing
more than a means of keeping people from starving.  To that end it's modestly
effective.  Its *stated* goals are not attainable and never were.

> Medicare

Medicare is the most popular federal entitlement program in US history.  Those
who have it love it.  The program needs fixing and better funding (especially
after repeated attempts by the Repugnant Party to destroy it.  Have no fear
though.  Obama is here.  :^)

> Social Security

That's another modestly successful program.  It does what it's intended to do --
provide financial assistance to retired Americans.  It's not enough to live on
in most parts of the country but those who have it uniformly appreciate that
monthly stipend.  Like with Medicare, SS needs better funding.  Fortunately the
Bushies were stopped in their effort to invest Social Security in the market,
effectively privatizing the whole thing.  Imagine how much worse things would be
today if the Repugnants had allowed Social Security to be destroyed during the
market collapse -- itself 100% the fault of Repugnant financial policies.

> Fannie Mae
> Freddie Mac

These federal mortgage programs have helped tens of thousands, perhaps millions
of Americans buy their own homes.  Had the Bush administration and the Repugnant
party not worked hand-in-pocket with Wall Street thugs to devastate the economy
(all the while giving themselves hundreds of millions of dollars in bonus checks
and bribes to the Bushies) both programs would be fine today.  Now the Obama
administration is tasked with repairing the colossal mess the Repugnants left us
with and what do these right-wing morons do?  Complain that Obama hasn't made
everything OK in his first year in office.  This they do while fighting him
rotting tooth and putrified nail at every step.

> Post Office

The US Post Office, for all its problems, is one of the most efficient
quasi-governmental agencies of its kind, world wide.  By comparison, try to get
FedEx to move a letter across the country in three days for $0.42 (or whatever
it is these days).

> All failing, bloated and impossible to fix or
> eliminate due to politics....

Actually, most were doing a lot better before Bush and his goons stole the 2000
election.  With the Fox running the chicken coop for 8 consecutive years it's a
wonder we have any government programs at all.

> Regardless of who is in charge whoever thinks
> this will save money is a fool, the cost burden
> will be passed off to all businesses who will then
> pass it off to the consumer or go out of business

The fact is that the present healthcare system is terribly broken.  Tens of
millions of Americans are unable to obtain proper healthcare, can't afford
prescription medication and end up in emergency rooms due to infections and
other illnesses rather than being able to visit a primary care physician for
timely treatment.  The cost of providing healthcare to these Americans is
already being borne by small businesses, large businesses and finally,
consumers.  The idea is to make proper health insurance available so people can
be treated before they need the hospital -- at reasonable cost.

Whether the program will save money long-term is debatable, particularly since
the final bill is yet to be shaped.  What is known for certain is that if we do
nothing we will consign the next generation to far greater cost and worsening
quality of care.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass