Re: Ademco Vista 20P or Vista 50P system?

On Nov 8, 2:17=A0pm, JoeRaisin <joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Robert L Bass wrote:
> > "JoeRaisin" wrote:
>
> >> The external sirens are not of much use (IMHO). =A0Unless
> >> you live in a unique neighborhood - when was the last
> >> time you called the police because you heard a car alarm
> >> going off?
>
> > That's a valid point, Joe. =A0The primary reason for an external siren =
is
> > to try to scare the perpetrator off. =A0Perhaps no one will make a call
> > but he doesn't know that. =A0It's hard to guess what will work as each
> > thief is different, but I still like the alarm to make a racket. =A0YMM=
V.

> No problem with that but the guy is describing a power hungry system to
> begin with.
>
> Any externals would be, if I were installing this system, on a separate
> power supply.
>
> For the record, I'm all for racket...

Joe and Robert, the two of you are both making some very good points
here. You have provided even more food for thought on the matter. Now
the tough part, how to tie the requirements together and devise a
solid solution that provides the immediate needs, while leaving a
little room for any future changes (room addition, additional out
building). I am all for being energy efficient too. :-) I just got
home from church and now have a few minutes to research a little more.
I am still confused on the expansion modules, relay/non-relay, and how
to separate the out building (believe that was a partition if I read
above correctly). I might also add, all door and windows currently had
a cat5 wire running to them already. When we build the house, we
installed a wire for that purpose. If the wire is not large enough I
suppose we could twist a pair of wires together to increase capacity.
We did not wire for add-on motion or smoke detectors. There are plenty
of ways to add additional wires so I am not worried about the add-on
items from a wiring perspective. Initially I think wiring doors,
windows, and smoke alarms will give us the most bang for the buck.
Well, I think.. :-)