Re: Ping: Jim (Napco PCI-Mini)

On Nov 5, 1:55=A0pm, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "mleuck" wrote:
>
> > Or they could go with just about every other manufacturer...
>
> Most choose Napco because of its power and flexibility.

Yet they still haven't created a decent IP module

A graphic touch keypad

A wireless keypad

Can your vaunted DIY customers download over cell? Uhh no yet DSC, GE/
Caddx, Honeywell can

Control over the Internet like Alarm.com? uhh no

That's the problem when you know only one brand, everyone else passes
you by

>=A0Some installing
> companies which mainly sell simple, quick-to-install packages might prefe=
> another manufacturer, especially one that doesn't require technical know-=
how. =A0I
> understand your preference.

Who is "most"? would they be your customers? If so the explanation is
easy since thats the only panel you know anything about. Napco is no
more powerful or flexible than any other brand. Napco takes far longer
to download not because they are transferring any more data than
anyone else but their method of data transfer is slow

> The Napco PCI-Mini allows the DIY installer to quickly diagnose any probl=
ems
> that might arise during and after installation.

The PC-Mini is a long obsolete piece of equpiment. No other
manufacturer requires dongles like that to direct-connect their
panels.

>=A0For those who want to get in and out fast because all they care
> about is selling another monitoring contract to maximise revenue,
> Napco might not be the preferred choice.

Napco doesn't seem to agree with you since they also make the low-end
XP and GEM panels

> I can teach a new DIYer to program the typical, 16- to 32-zone system in =
less
> than a half hour on the phone. =A0Smaller jobs take about 20 minutes to c=
onfigure.

Since you can only instruct them to download instead of keypad
programming that doesn't surprise me but Does the Darth Vader
breathing cost extra?

> I understand your preference for systems that the client can't program.

Which system would that be?