Re: Self Locking File Cabinets?

"W" wrote in message
> I'm looking for a five drawer file cabinet that will automatically lock
> every drawer automatically whenever the cabinet is closed.    Does anyone
> know of such a product?

Everywhere I have ever seen, the file cabinets are unlocked at the start of
business, then locked when the business day is over. Or if sensitive
material, when the person leaves the room.

In high security areas, they have signs on the file cabinets which slip into
a handle (or are magnetic signs) which say "OPEN" or "SECURED". When you
lock the cabinet, you switch the sign to "SECURED". Then when leaving a
room, you can easily see that all the cabinets are secured.

I suppose you could have a locksmith install a latch on each file cabinet
drawer that when the drawer is closed, it latches and a key is needed to
open the drawer again. It could never be left unlocked unless the drawer was
left open.