Re: More on alarm company valuation

Effenpig1 wrote:
> On Nov 24, 8:03 pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>  Yes,
>>> Agreed.
>>> I doubt I'll ever purchase accounts, but I may someday be on the
>>> selling end.
>> I do not have my customers under locked contracts but they are loyal
>> to me and me to them and they would be loyal to a company buying me
>> out as long as they were treated fairly.
>> its all about service provide good service and pricing and the money
>> will always be there but too many companys have forgoten this. i never
>> advertise either word of mouth is how i built my company and im always
>> busy.
>
> Your above statement sounds like something I could have written,
> however I believe it is in my best future interests to start getting
> my customers used to the idea of locked-in contracts. I was thinking
> of giving them the option to "freeze" their current rates for the
> length of the contract as an incentive.

That's exactly what we do.  We've been able to demonstrate that our
rates haven't changed in over 12 years.  We offer a 3 year agreement
that's renewable at one year intervals on expiry of the original
agreement.  I have customers actually calling me asking to "extend" for
another three years!!  :-)