Re: ADT is at it again... No shame.

On Nov 6, 9:42=A0pm, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "G. Morgan wrote:
>
> >>You are blaming entire company over the actions of one dealer?
>
> > Yes, because it's not just one dealer. =A0I've heard numerous stories l=
ike that.

> It's the same with a number of other companies. =A0I've heard numerous ta=
les of
> woe from people victimized by Monitronics and its dealers. =A0These compa=
nies
> don't care about ethics or anything else -- just building that RMR.
>
> > The new Brinks (Broadview) commercials have sunk to a newer low IMO. =
=A0I see
> > those and want to scream to *someone* that this is so unethical. =A0I j=
ust don't
> > know who gives a shit anymore.
>
> No one in those companies cares. =A0Brinks / Broadview, ADT, Monitronics.=
..
> they're all trash.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>
> Bass Home Electronics
> DIY Alarm and Home Automation Storehttp://www.bassburglaralarms.com
> Sales & Service 941-870-2310
> Fax 941-870-3252
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

RHC: Having worked for many years in a large corporation, I may have a
different perspective than many. It's not that individuals within the
corporation don't care - most are genuinely concerned about doing a
good job, but they have limited ability to affect change in the area
of larger matters that may be ethical in nature. If a large
corporation acts in an uncaring or unethical manner, the blame can
only be laid at the feet of upper management, who either don't care,
or are so removed from the front lines that they don't realize what is
going on. Most upper management today are only concerned about short
term gain since they regularly jump ship to another company that they
see as being better able to advance their careers. So the end result
is there is no one minding the ship over the longer term, and things
ultimately degenerate to the lowest common denominator. This is
inherent in all large companies in all industries unfortunately.

There IS hope on the horizon. Many MBA management programs are
beginning to emphasize the importance of ethical actions that must go
along with looking at the bottom line. Many graduates now swear an
oath of sorts that they will only do business in an ethical manner.
This may be window dressing; however, it is in keeping with the trend
today towards the public's growing concern for environmental  and
other natural issues. If ethical issues become a public concern, large
companies WILL change to meet these challenges, but not by themselves
with today's management types...

This might be one reason why small business is generally so much more
receptive to customer concerns. There is no bureaucracy to stand in
the way of common sense,or fair decisions, with the customer breathing
in your face. The owner is "in the store" so to speak and can go
straight to the heart of any problem. Given the huge bureaucracy's
inherent in companies like ADT and Brinks, it's amazing that their
customers get any kind of service at all (it probably has more to do
with the caring quality of their internal staff than it has to do with
proper management....)

Large companies ultimately end up becoming their own worst enemies.....