Re: DIY Wireless System Recommendations?

On May 24, 3:35=A0pm, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> tourman wrote:
> > On May 23, 2:01 am, Frank Olson
> > <use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Yeah... =A0I see things went their usual downward spiral from here. =
=A0Some
> >> professionals have pretty strong feelings about voice dialers and many
> >> DIYer's have attempted to use the "page" option to dial a cell phone
> >> with little to some success.
>
> >> I consider my family to be my most precious "gift" and wouldn't consid=
er
> >> anything but a monitored alarm system to protect them. =A0Your self
> >> dialling security system will do you a lot of good when the carbon
> >> monoxide detector or smoke alarm goes off in the middle of the night a=
nd
> >> you're fast asleep with your cell phone turned off or "on charge"
> >> downstairs. =A0Or worse... =A0some creep decides to break in and winds=
 up
> >> confronting you in your bedroom. =A0A GSM module, a professionally
> >> installed and monitored alarm system is a small price to pay when you
> >> weigh it against the alternative "cheap solution". =A0This is just my
> >> honest opinion (which is thankfully shared by many here). =A0One of th=
> >> regular posters here lost his son in a house fire. =A0And I was called=
 in
> >> to help repair a fire alarm system after a fire struck an apartment
> >> building in the wee hours of the morning several years ago. =A0Two kid=
> >> lost their lives in that one and I'll never forget it. =A0I've kept th=
ese
> >> individuals in mind every time I service, install, or inspect a fire o=
> >> burg system and won't compromise just to be the "cheaper choice".
>
> >> I wish you well with your choice, but please do consider professional
> >> monitoring as a security asset rather than the liability you seem to
> >> think it is.
>
> >> Regards,
> >> Frank
>
> > RHC: Frank, with this idiot, I think you are probably wasting your
> > time. Personally, I have largely given up the polite route. For years,
> > I carefully crafted my responses to ensure no mis-interpretation, and
> > to ensure I didn't accidentally insult someone. However, there are
> > some people who are so stupid they simply don't deserve any other kind
> > or response than the ones he got. I'll go a million miles to help any
> > alarm user, including those who unwisely choose to "self monitor";
> > however, stupid is as stupid does. Mark said it right on with this
> > guy.....
>
> You've spent way to much time south of the border you've forgotten what
> it's like to be "Canadian". =A0:-)

RHC: Touche!........ but, no Frank, I do consider overall politeness
to be an important part of conducting all of life's affairs. It's just
that now that I am a senior, I've decided to call a "spade a spade" a
bit more than before. Also, I think I have been in this business a bit
too long.... I'm getting jaded.

However, an idiot is an idiot no matter how you dress 'em up !! In
life, if you give respect, you generally get respect in return. I
always treat everyone that way until they prove they are not worthy of
it. But sling stupidity like this guy does, and it should get returned
in like manner.....I don't think they can understand anything else !