Re: ademco 5890 wireless motion detector stopped working

ymg200@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi all,
> I wonder if anybody has experienced this before or I'm the first one.
> I have Vista-20P for few months already. I have never changed the
> configuration since I programmed the system few months ago. One of the
> sensors - wireless motion detector 5890 stopped sending alarm signal
> about a week ago. It is not dead though - if I open the sensor it
> triggers temper alarm. So batteries are definitely not dead and the
> system does recognize it since the system reacts on the temper switch
> inside the sensor. Also, if I put the sensor into the Test mode, red
> LED on the sensor lights up upon motion. It looks like all features
> work except sending alarm signal upon motion.
> The sensor was originally at the Zone12. During troubleshooting I
> deleted Zone12 and enrolled this sensor at Zone13, but result is
> exactly the same - temper switch does trigger temper alarm, but motion
> detection does not send alarm signal. This sensor has Zone Type 1
> (Entry/Exit), Partition 1, Loop 1
> I appreciate any tips. I don't know what could be causing this problem.

Point One - If you have put the detector into test mode and have seen
the red light come one without an alarm being sent to the panel, then I
would say you have a faulty detector.  The only thing you could try is
to relocate the detector to a position where you have direct line of
sight to the receiver and try it from there.  Any change in environment
or decor can interfere with wireless transmissions (a new mirror, for
example).

Getting a direct line of sight helps rule out any and all interference.
  Doubtful, given what you have already tried but it's worth trying
before you buy a new one.

Point Two - It's a TAMPER alarm not a 'temper' alarm.  You only get a
temper alarm if you have an 'emotion' detector (inside joke - we had a
customer call up because she was having trouble with her "emotion
detector").