Re: ademco 5890 wireless motion detector stopped working

"KingFish" <al@xxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
j4DSl.47085$19.5935@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> <ymg200@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> I wonder if anybody has experienced this before or I'm the first one.
>> I have Vista-20P for few months already. I have never changed the
>> configuration since I programmed the system few months ago. One of the
>> sensors - wireless motion detector 5890 stopped sending alarm signal
>> about a week ago. It is not dead though - if I open the sensor it
>> triggers temper alarm. So batteries are definitely not dead and the
>> system does recognize it since the system reacts on the temper switch
>> inside the sensor. Also, if I put the sensor into the Test mode, red
>> LED on the sensor lights up upon motion. It looks like all features
>> work except sending alarm signal upon motion.
>> The sensor was originally at the Zone12. During troubleshooting I
>> deleted Zone12 and enrolled this sensor at Zone13, but result is
>> exactly the same - temper switch does trigger temper alarm, but motion
>> detection does not send alarm signal. This sensor has Zone Type 1
>> (Entry/Exit), Partition 1, Loop 1
>> I appreciate any tips. I don't know what could be causing this problem.
>
> I don't know if this is your problem but they have a sleep mode where if
> it is tripped once it will not trip again for a while, to save battery
> life. Try covering it for an hour with a small box and then testing it by
> removing the cover.

In fact the sleep time is about 3 minute, so when you do arm the system and
you leave the premises the wireless detector ar not working till the sleep
time is off, this can be a maximum of 3 minute...
If you dont pass in front the detector for at least 3 minute before arming
the system the detector react instantly to movement and the panel will react
acordingly to the programing of the zone.