Re: DIY Wireless System Recommendations?

On Thu, 21 May 2009 12:27:09 -0700 (PDT), mleuck <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>On May 21, 12:42 pm, y...@xxxxxx wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 May 2009 10:07:25 -0700 (PDT), tourman
>>

>> <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> >RHC: Cripes ! ...spend $9 or $10 bucks monthly to have the thing
>> >monitored properly. That way it works as it should and you get an
>> >insurance discount on your property insurance, plus REAL protection,
>> >not some totally unreliable cell phone bullsh*t. There are all sorts
>> >of stations out there that will do your monitoring for next to nothing
>> >leaving you to do the service and warranty work yourself..
>>
>> Until your phone line gets cut.  I would never get landline
>> monitoring.  Why pay a monthly fee when a pair of cutters can do the
>> trick.  Thats false security.
>>

>> >What the hell is it about DIY'ers ? Why put in a professional system
>> >and then cut it off at the knees....sheesh !!!!!
>>
>> You think a landline can't be cut at the knee's? Hah!  Its so simple
>> even you can do it(I think).
>
>If you only knew how many people tried a setup like you mention then
>later onl whine when it doesn't work

I know what you mean but that don't mean everybody is like that.  You
read reviews of products and some say they don't work and some say
they work perfect.  Most times its because the people who are whining
shouldn't attempt or lack any understanding of what they're doing and
the fault is on them.

I don't expect it to be a breeze but as with anything new there will
be trial and error but I am certain I'll have favorable end results.