Re: 4 wire smokes and EOL's

"G. Morgan" <usenet_abuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> You can do it that way by running 6 pair cable to each.

4-Conductor is enough for 2-wire smokes and 8-conductor will handle 4-wire
models unless you're running auxiliary relays or something.  However, there
*might* be an issue with the inspector.  Some I know mistakenly confuse the
requirement from old, Class "A" circuits that the "return" run be separate as
prohibiting this wiring scheme.  I think they're wrong but there's that little
clause we all know and love, "The interpretation and application of this code
shall be subject to the discretion of the authority having jurisdiction."  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics