Re: How much of a deterrent is a non-ADT/Brinks home security system? Options

On Mar 23, 11:28�am, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "Jim" wrote:
>
> > No war crimes .... just �your opinion.
>
> Torturing prisoners is a war crime. �Bush admitted it.

No, you are calling it a war crime. It's not. There is no "war". There
are no prisioners of war. There are only terrorist. Torturing is only
by your description. What ever it was, it saved lives and thwarted
actions against the US. Your opinions are your opinions. It will never
be decided one way or the other.

RLB:  We disagree, Jim.  The Bush administration calls it a war and they took
prisoners.  Calling them something other than prisoners of war doesn't change
the fact that they are ibdeed POWs.  If that were so, the Jaqpanese could have
simply called American POWs pomegranates and declared that fruits and
vegetables have no legal rights so it was OK to do the horrible things they
did.

The Bush admin's claims that torture saved lives or thwarted terrorist attacks
were nothing but rubbish.  All of the so-called terrorist attacks that they
"prevented" in the last 8 years amounted to nothing but nonsense.  For
example, a bunch of idiots from NJ (not to be confused with a certain
individual whom we all once knew), planned to attack a US Army base with
handguns and a couple of shotguns.  Even if they got so far as the perimeter
fence they would have been exterminated in a matter of seconds.

They made a big deal about another group in south Florida.  These idiots had
been led on by a government informant who actually planned the whole attack.

A group in England was arrested for planning a liquid bomb to use on flights
from the UK to USA (ergo the ban on shampoo).  Turns out they didn't even know
where to obtain the ingredients and most had neither the travel documents nor
the financial wherewithal to buy a ticket.

> > No violated civil rights ..... just your opinion.
>
> Warrantless searches, tapping phone lines, etc. �Bush admitted it.

No civil rights violated until it is decided. It never will be.

RLB: It's been decided many years ago, Jim.  We have a Constitution and a Bill
of Rights.  Bush trampled both.

Again .... it saved lives and
thwarted actions against the US.

RLB: Again, we disagree.

> > With regard to the economy, check the date and the source of the problem
> > before you lay blame.
>
> When Clinton left office he handed Bush the largest surplus in US history.
> Bush handed Obama the worst recession since the great depression.

Where did the surplus come from? We had no military. There was no
money being
put into military weapons development. He did not persue the attacks
against the US.
Had no CIA or FBI activities in operation. There wasn't one operative,
in what was left
of any foreign activity agency, that spoke Arabic. He let Bin Laden
go. Set up the
economy on a path to disaster. Caused a backlash in all the seats in
Congress and
the Senate. He set the stage for the attack or our nation for the next
administration,
regardless of who it was.

BUT ........... that's all in the past.

RLB: We disagree here, too.  :^)

Now, we're just on another path. And I believe it will be similar to
Clinton's and maybe
even worse. We'll see.

RLB: I hope you're wrong.  I also hope to be around long enough to find out.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics