Re: How much of a deterrent is a non-ADT/Brinks home security system? Options

On Mar 23, 11:28=EF=BF=BDam, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "Jim" wrote:
>
> > No war crimes .... just =EF=BF=BDyour opinion.
>
> Torturing prisoners is a war crime. =EF=BF=BDBush admitted it.

No, you are calling it a war crime. It's not. There is no "war". There
are no prisioners of war. There are only terrorist. Torturing is only
by your description. What ever it was, it saved lives and thwarted
actions against the US. Your opinions are your opinions. It will never
be decided one way or the other.

> > No violated civil rights ..... just your opinion.
>
> Warrantless searches, tapping phone lines, etc. =EF=BF=BDBush admitted it=
.

No civil rights violated until it is decided. It never will be.
Again .... it saved lives and
thwarted actions against the US.

> > With regard to the economy, check the date and the source of the proble=
> > before you lay blame.
>
> When Clinton left office he handed Bush the largest surplus in US history=
.
> Bush handed Obama the worst recession since the great depression.

Where did the surplus come from? We had no military. There was no
money being
put into military weapons development. He did not persue the attacks
against the US.
Had no CIA or FBI activities in operation. There wasn't one operative,
in what was left
of any foreign activity agency, that spoke Arabic. He let Bin Laden
go. Set up the
economy on a path to disaster. Caused a backlash in all the seats in
Congress and
the Senate. He set the stage for the attack or our nation for the next
administration,
regardless of who it was.

BUT ........... that's all in the past.

Now, we're just on another path. And I believe it will be similar to
Clinton's and maybe
even worse. We'll see.

Fortunately for me, duing the nomitation process of the past election,
when I saw
what (who) the Democrats and the Republicans had come up with for
candidates,
a great realization came over me. I thought that, if this is the "very
best" of what
either party can come up with, if view of what the condition of our
nation is in, at this
point in time, I then .......... give up. I can't imagine WHO would
have voted for McCane
and we all know who voted for Polyanna Oboma. In my estimation it's
finally time for the
flower children of the 60' and 70's to see if their "Peace and Love"
mantra, will win over the
terrorist. Perhaps it will be a lesson that we need to learn. I
envision a fairly sizeable attack
on the US during the second term of Oboma, or shortly thereafter.

At the present, I am of the mind that I have a limited amount of time
left here in this life.
There is nothing that I can do that will affect what is going to
happen in the next 25 years.
If things run their usual course ..... there's a good chance that
there is nothing that can,
or will happen, (short of the above disaster) that will greatly affect
me, either.

I haven't read a newspaper, listened to any news broadcast and
actively avoid anything
that might have to do with politics. Exclusive to this post, I've
avoided all converstations
having to do with anything political. I'm trying to get into the mode
of .... I really don't give
a crap what happens here, or in the world because, for the rest of my
life  **   I  **    am
what's important to me. I don't give a crap about global warming,
saving water,
the rain forrest or anything else that's not going to greatly or
directly affect me between now
and the time I exit. I take long hot showers, use a lot of paper
towels, drive fast, and anything
that makes "ME" feel good. If the "poor" are going to get my money,
anyway, I'll spend it first
and become one of them.

Let my children fend for themselves, in case you're wondering.

You can have the "last word" if you choose to.