Re: Texecom Veritas R8 early installation manual

> So they changed the battery in 2003 then...that's still 6 years ago. They
> way batteries are being made these days we're lucky to get 3 years on them
> now.
>
> But...does sound like an expensive service call *unless* they do a full
> system checkup for that...then it's reasonable....about what we charge for
> system check + battery.

No, they changed the battery in Jan 1998 according to the scruffy service
sheet of paper 2 years after installation for some reason. When it was
serviced by them in Dec 2004, practically 7 years after renewing the battery
they didn't change it despite a low voltage and Ah reading. On the alarm
faulting after a couple of power cuts I changed the battery myself in mid
2007 9.5 years after it had been installed. that is when I found the
evidence of the service notes in the control panel and the date was also
written on the battery.

They wanted to charge extra for the service they were going to carry out 2
months later and wanted an additional £80 to change the battery too!

Stephen