Re: dsc gs3055-i

I always wired the unit in such a way that the signal goes out dual path.
With the dialer capture sending full contact ID and zone inputs on the radio
sending burg/fire/panic/tamper triggered by either PGM/Bell output. If you
are really interested, I can send you a hookup diagram between a DSC panel
and the GSM radio supervising each other with dual path reporting. For
Ademco, I use Alarmnet GSM with ECP mode, also dual path reporting. GE NX
series panel has 4 programmable outputs onboard and works beautiful with a
DSC GSM radio.

Yes, it's true that you can add a backup power to any radio unit, but you
will be looking at the cost of a mounting can, transformer and power supply,
that 's what I did with Uplink Anynet radio when it was the only one
available in town, and they were going to be shuting off the analog network
soon. Both Alarmnet and DSC were late with their GSM radios so we were doing
the first batch with Uplink, and later on switched to Alarmnet, then finally
settled on DSC GSM. Quite frankly, I was never a big fan of Uplink, but they
were better than Skyslut during the analog days.