Re: WTF

G. Morgan wrote:
> Frank Olson wrote:
>
>> Doug wrote:
>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7917137.stm
>>>
>>> can I still take the test he asks, you have to wonder about some people
>>>

>>> Doug
>>>

>> You have to admire his tenacity, though.  He really wants to be a cop.
>
> Cops have the best weed.
>
> Hey Frank, is it legal to grow marijuana in BC?

Funny you should ask that.  I'd been listening to a radio talk show on
CKNW when this very subject was answered by BC's Attorney General.
Apparently, there are over 3000 individuals registered to grow weed for
personal medical reasons (glaucoma, cancer, kidney disease) in Canada
not just BC.  AFAIK it's "legal" as long as it's for personal use, but
if you're "registered", you're pretty well immune from Police raids on
your house.  Mind you, I think the cops take a dim view of anyone having
200 plants in their house using the excuse that's it's for "personal
use", but one or two's OK *as long as no one complains*.  You should
really check with the local authority because I hear every jurisdiction
may have their own "view".  The issue is real sensitive these days.  In
case you haven't heard, we're in the middle of a gang turf war.  I was a
block away from the mall in Langley when I thought I heard automatic
weapons fire.  I thought it might have been a movie production, but as
it turns out, it was a gang hit...  in broad daylight...  at a busy
shopping mall...  Scary!