Re: System Sensor 2W-B

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "Frank Olson" wrote:
>>
>> OK...  So the question remains...  why doesn't the panel
>> manufacturer list them as compatible?...
>
> I seem to recall you and I discussed this once before.

Yep.  And I also seem to recall there's a huge disparity between
Canadian and US practices.

> Panel
> manufacturers test and certify their products with some, but not all,
> detector brands/models.  Detector manufacturers routinely test and
> "list" their products for use with as many popular panels as they can.

We go by panel manufacturers and for good reason...  I imagine that
there are several Chinese smoke detector manufacturers that would love
to flood the market with their cheap knock-off (read reverse engineered)
products.

> You'd think that Honeywell would want their panels listed for use with
> System Sensor for obvious reasons, but each manufacturing division makes
> its own decisions about testing and other costs.

I believe you've hit the nail on the head...

> Probably the guys at
> the "Ademco" division decided to let the guys at System Sensor bear the
> cost.  :^)

The guy I spoke with at the "Ademco" division don't recognize the C2W as
being compatible (or UL Listed) for use with the Vista 20...  In fact,
it's the first he'd heard of it...  I got a "we'll look into that" in
response to my question.  Go figure.  I musta got one of thier "noobs".
  Or maybe calls from Canada automatically route to the noob support
desk...  :-)