Re: Napco system questions

Gentlemen:  Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Very
informative.  I will re-visit the house, take a look around, and most
likely advise her to stay with the exisiting company, and suggest that
she call for another instructor for Keypad training.

I'm too old and near retirement to take on the learning curve for
Napco products.  I've been in this business for forty-six years,
started when there were only ten companies in the Greater Boston area;
many interesting stories to tell, could write a book or two.

My favorite tale:

	I'm sitting at my desk one morning in the 1970's, when one of
my employees comes up from the basement shop where he was building
control panels (yes, and many of these relay-based panels are still
out there doing thier job), stopped at my desk to inform me that he
was not feeling well and wanted to go home, that he thought he might
have the flu.

	I reached into my top drawer for an oral thermometer, gave it
to him, and suggested that he place it in his mouth for awhile, and
come back in a few minutes to see if he has a temperature.

	After about five minutes or so he returns to my desk with the
thermometer in his mouth.  He passes the themometer to me; I read it.
107 degrees!  "Peter," I said, "You're dead - and still walking! You
must have held this over the soldering iron, right?"

Charlie