Re: Wireless Trouble 7 "Burn in" on DSC 1555 panel

"mleuck" <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Jun 25, 11:45 am, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Something I found out recently might help out if you experience a
> problem eliminating a trouble 7 (wireless problem). It seems, if you
> have a wireless receiver and at least one wireless point of entry
> (door or motion) on a DSS 1555 panel, after some time, you may
> experience a trouble 7, which doesn't respond to changing the battery
> in the wireless device, defaulting and reprogramming the wireless
> receiver, or even changing out the wireless component itself. Bottom
> line, there seems to be some sort of glitch in the firmware somewhere,
> whereby the panel keeps cycling, looking for a wireless keyfob (even
> if none is present on the system). If none is actually programmed in
> the system, after a long length of time, this trouble may permanently
> "burn in" to the panel itself, and cannot be cleared without changing
> out the panel for a new one.
>
> It seems the solution is to program in some number other than 000000
> in section 41 of the programming in section 804 of the wireless
> receiver.
>
> I have no idea why this happens, but this is the second occurrence of
> this problem that I have experienced.
>
> Hope this helps someone else

That is because you are using a v4.2 wireless receiver which sometimes
caused phantom keyfob low batteries. The prevention was to program all
keyfobs with something other than 000000 however if it already
happened you had to replace both panel and receiver. Never heard of
the zone 7 part tho.

They had a warning and new v4.22 firmware out about 5 years ago.

Yep. I had it on the 832's.  Board was trashed. DSC was replacing them for
about a year after they issued the warning. I had some pop up after that
which I had to change on my dime but at least they made it up in other
areas. This is one of the reasons, plus others, that they started the new
series panels.