Re: Wireless Trouble 7 "Burn in" on DSC 1555 panel

On Jun 26, 4:00=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jun 26, 12:12=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 26, 11:32=A0am, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Next step ...garbage !!
>
> > > That woulda been my first step :-)))
>
> > RHC: Yeah, mine too, if I had remembered this problem from some years
> > ago (but I didn't...brain fart you know......)
>
> It's the first and only time I've heard of an alarm peripheral
> damaging a panel

RHC: I spoke to a long time employed manager at the local Tried
branch, and he remembers it as I do. The wireless receiver damages the
panel irrevocably, resulting in it's always showing a" trouble 7".
This happened with both the 832 and the 1555 panels. The wireless
receiver itself continued to function but needed at the time a change
of main chip. DSC were providing replacement chips for awhile but have
stopped doing so. Now the only option is to change out the receiver
for a later model with the defective functionality removed, or program
in 10000 in all 16 wireless key positions in section 804.