Re: Call setup... does it have to go to a monitoring company?

> Who has a pager these days?

Good point, although there are a few...

> And, my experience with them was they didn't always work due to pager
> format...I think I may  have 6 panels out there that work/worked (who
> knows if the still do)

I actually ran my old office with multiple (paranoia) alarm panels both CS
monitored, and in pager format.  The pager format worked pretty well.  I had
OC, mail box, and delivery lockers all on pager only.  Helped me track
installers (were they really at the office when they said), mail (got work
to do but waiting on a check), and deliveries when I was out of the office.
Used a P1632 and a P800 and the pager format worked fine for both, although
the P800 truncated the signals and sometimes it was confusing to decipher.
LOL.  I have noticed that some series of Napco 3200 panels did not seem to
send the pager format well back when I was in the DIY business.  I still do
most of the same stuff in the new office, but now I have the CS e-mail it to
me.  If I'm gonna be away from a computer for a while I can forward my
e-mail to my cell phone.

Seriously dude.  A panel with programmable trigger outputs, and a multi
channel voice dialer is the way to go.  Been a while since I installed one,
but if I recall the voice dialers are capable being terminated with a
keystroke on the phone from the receiving party too.  Siren output, and a
couple trigger outputs on your panel may be enough.  Again I like the Napcos
(particularly the 1632) for semi customized installations because they have
a nice octal relay board were each of the 8 relays can be programmed to
operate on a specific condition.  Its also good for multi channel condition
specific voice sirens, either directly to a speaker or to feed a PA system.
(yeah I have done this type of install too.)

ALSO...  do not be tempted to have your voice dialer call the local PD or
FD.  In most jurisdictions you will get a big time fine for tying up an
emergency response line with a mechanical device.  ITS AGAINST THE LAW.