Re: Call setup... does it have to go to a monitoring company?

"Frank Olson" <use-the-email-links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> The problem is that the panel will continue to attempt to call until it
> it's able to "dump" it's information.  After the pre-programmed number of
> attempts it will go into "trouble" (communication fault).  It's far better
> for you to use a voice dialer (as Doug has suggested) if you're too cheap
> to have it professionally monitored.  I'd suggest contacting a couple of
> your LOCAL alarmcos.  You might be pleasantly surprised as to how
> inexpensive it might be to have your system professionally monitored.

I'm not familiar with the GE concord 4 and I can't be bothered to look up a
manual on line, but the panel probably has a pager mode which will prevent
it going into a comm fail situation every time it tries to send a signal, it
still won't let the user know whats happening though.

Doug