Re: Call setup... does it have to go to a monitoring company?

On Feb 18, 1:50=A0am, Frank Olson <use-the-email-
li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dave wrote:
> > On Feb 17, 9:19 pm, "Doug" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> "Dave" <dave.har...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

.

> >> The number the alarm calls is programmable, and you could program it t=
o call
> >> your cell phone, but the alarm won't talk to you unless you can mimic =
and
> >> interpret the tones the alarm communicator and CS receiver use to tran=
smit
> >> and acknowledge the alarm signals.
>
> >> The easiest way is add a voice dialer to the system.
>
> >> Doug
>
> > Thanks for the response. =A0I'm ok with it not being able to
> > "communicate" with me, so long as I can program the number myself.
> > I'll know it's the alarm if I start getting silent calls from my house
> > when we're out.
>
> The problem is that the panel will continue to attempt to call until it
> it's able to "dump" it's information. =A0After the pre-programmed number
> of attempts it will go into "trouble" (communication fault). =A0It's far
> better for you to use a voice dialer (as Doug has suggested) if you're
> too cheap to have it professionally monitored. =A0I'd suggest contacting =
> couple of your LOCAL alarmcos. =A0You might be pleasantly surprised as to
> how inexpensive it might be to have your system professionally monitored.
>

> > I also have a quick question about jamming wireless sensors (I've read
> > some conflicting information)... do most wireless systems require the
> > sensor to check in periodically when the system is armed to make sure
> > there's no RFI being used? =A0How frequently does it require sensors to
> > "check in"?
>
> It's possible to "jam" wireless sensors, but the ability to do so
> requires some specific knowledge of your alarm system as well as some
> pretty sophisticated equipment. =A0The chances of a burglar gaining acces=
> to any of this is remote, let alone some "crack-head" whose only concern
> is getting ahold of some saleable stuff he can take down to the local
> pawn shop to exchange for ready cash.- Hide quoted text -

If your really worried about jamming Rf some systems like Honeywell
Lxnx has an anti jam feature but agin to jam a system takes advanced
knowledge and equiptment. dont belive everything you see on tv