Re: Napco F64CODE-K1VPS keypads

On Dec 25, 1:16=EF=BF=BDpm, "Robert L Bass" <nore...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One of our distributors sent me a brochure on these new Napco keypads. =
=EF=BF=BDI guess
> they're trying to make up for their losses on the "freedom" kit they buil=
t for
> ADT. =EF=BF=BDThe keypads do look interesting, though. =EF=BF=BDThey put =
in 4-zone expansion
> modules like the K1-CA and earlier RP-CAe2. =EF=BF=BDThey added the voice=
 functionality
> of the EVA-1, a low-volume (88dB) siren and a built-in PIR for alarm and
> occupancy sensing. =EF=BF=BDAbout the only thing missing is something to =
start your
> coffee. =EF=BF=BD:^)
>
> I haven't actually had one in hand yet though the distributors say they'r=
e in
> stock. =EF=BF=BDI wonder if anyone here has tried one out yet. =EF=BF=BDB=
esides myself, there
> are only a few on ASA (2 or 3, I think) who use much Napco.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

Tried one a number of months ago with the 1664. As with all voice
responding devices, the client asked me to turn it off after a couple
of months. The local "siren" is ok and the built in motion detector
can obviously only be used in particular areas. Everything else seems
the same as the RP1Ae1PQrsTu2VWx3yz Keypad. ( couldn't they come up
with an easier part number to remember?) The blue backlight is neat
though. Haven't had an opportunity to use another since,  but probably
will if the need arises.