Re: Napco F64CODE-K1VPS keypads

"Jim" wrote:

> Tried one a number of months ago with the 1664.  As with all voice responding
> devices, the client asked me to turn it off after a couple of months. The
> local "siren" is ok and the built in motion detector can  obviously only be
> used in particular areas. Everything else seems the same as the
> RP1Ae1PQrsTu2VWx3yz Keypad. (couldn't they come up with an easier part number
> to remember?) The blue backlight is neat
though. Haven't had an opportunity to use another since, but probably will if
the need arises.

Agreed on the part numbering.  It seems as though they throw darts at a spinning
board with letters on it.  I occasionally get a request for "talking" keypads.
Unless the person is sight-impaired I try to talk them out of it for the same
reason.  It gets old pretty fast.  I used the EVA-1 for blind clients in CT a
number of times though and it was great for them.  I guess I'll order one to
mess with and add them to the website.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass