Re: source for 24AWG / 4 conductor white

On Dec 11, 1:39=A0pm, "Christopher Glaeser" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Dude, just use a white CAT3. =A0It will be fine.
>
> I'm sure you are right, but I wanted to understand why alarm installers
> would go to such lengths to avoid Cat3/5. =A0And, I too, do have my limit=
s.
> Many DIYs will combine multiple pairs of Cat 3 to power a multi-amp IR, a=
nd
> although I can't say it won't work, that's something I would never do in =
my
> house. =A0That said, my 7mA PIRs are working fine on Cat5, and I don't
> anticipate any problems with the wiring.
>
> Best,
> Christopher

I originally thought you were using cat3 for PIR's that were part of
an alarm system. For the application you mentioned I'm sure cat3 or
cat5 will be fine and make the most sense. I would probably stick with
high quality cat5 even for the PIR's as it tends to be better
insulated and a little tougher than most cat3 I've seen.