Re: gone independent, need sources

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

>> Tri-Ed gives good service
>
> They do not.  I get treated poorly by them, and they make a fair number of
> mistakes.

I don't doubt you, Bob.  Mayb it varies with the location.  I've had good
service locally from them.  Clearly, you have not and I think you may have said
so in an earlier thread.

>> and will try to beat most competitors' prices.
>
> The only reason I still have an account with them is price.

Also, you have to ask for price breaks.  They don't automatically move you to a
better "column" when your buying reaches a given theshold.

>> Systems Depot has nice people but they make a lot of order processing errors.
>
> Have not experienced that, but I don't do that much business with them. That
> may change though.

I always liked their staff around Clearwater.  They had a lot of turnover it
seems though.  There's a girl named Diane who is long gone now.  She came from
ADI and before that, who knows.  We'd sometimes call in an urgent order close to
close of the day and she'd call another branch from her cell phone on the way
home from work, just to make sure the order got shipped.

>> Northern Video will beat anyone and everyone's prices but they don't stock as
>> much as dedicated security distributors do.
>
> And a lot of lines they just do not have.

They "handle" a lot but stock only a few major lines.  With some lines (I think
ARM is one of them) they build the DVRs to order and ship same day or next.
That works fine if the client happens to want that brand.  Their on-line order
tracking system is in some ways better than ADI's.  Tri-Ed could do better in
that area but they've been improving at least.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics