Re: Concord 4 issue or user issue?

On Dec 6, 2:55=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 6, 1:26=A0pm, Effenpig1 <dirtyspicev...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Had a customer call with a issue I've never come across before. Here's
> > what happened: Installed a Concord 4 at her house about 3 months ago.
> > I taught her to arm to stay with no delay at night, and then she
> > changes it to away when she leaves. Her daughter and son-in-law are
> > visiting, she left early in the morning and switched from stay to
> > away. After she left the daughter came out of her bedroom and tripped
> > the living room motion.
>
> > Here's where it gets weird: Son-in-law calls me and tells me what
> > happened, he says he's concerned because "the alarm went off for about
> > 10 to 15 seconds and shut off by itself" ( Not just the siren stopping
> > but a full clear)
>
> > I checked the event logs and heres what I found:
>
> > Zone 11 alarm then =A05 seconds later an E406 cancel/abort by user #
> > U846 ( master code)
>
> > I'm thinking frazzled daughter gets crap scared out of her, panics,
> > punches in code, then somehow forgets that she did it. Her and her
> > husband were the only ones there and he didn't even know the code
> > anyway, so I'm sure he didn't cancel the alarm. Also, there are no
> > keyfobs or wireless keypads/remotes, 2 hardwired ATP1000 keypads.
>
> > I tested the system, arming it the same way they did that morning, no
> > issues. I'm going to run it by GE tech support tomorrow morning. I'm
> > 99.999% sure it's just user error, but that .001% bugs me.
>
> > So what do you think, is it user error? because I can't imagine what
> > else it would be. =A0Any thoughts?
>
> Someone at that time knew the master code, I've had customers tell me
> stories like that before

Yes, the daughter had the master code, but the son-in-law didn't.

I was very tactful, I explained the event log and such, but never went
so far as to say they were wrong. I also made sure the system was
tested, though it was mostly just for their peace of mind ( although I
wanted to see for myself also). Nothing worse than convincing a
customer they are wrong only to have the incident repeat itself.