Re: OT Atlas Shrugged.

On Aug 30, 12:59=A0am, "alarman" <nos...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> JoeRaisin wrote:
> > If not the US, who?
>
> Why, Canada, of course.
>
> --
> js
>
> Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

RHC: No, that will never happen. Although we are at war in Afganistan,
our primary military role in the world is to complement the UN in
peacekeeping activities. Our citizenery would never stand for outright
invading another country, nor, with a population one tenth of the US,
would we ever have the resources to do so. Countries choose what their
military will do based on inate societal values.

My comment re the US military was not meant in a derogatory tone. I
was just making the point that the US military machine has become so
big and so powerful in it's own right that it exercises an undue
influence on the foreign policy decisions of the US government.  Nor
do I ever see a juggernaut like that ever being tempered by restraint
(or at least not without a major internal governmental shift in
policy....)